November 7, 2012

In everything give Thanks

Good Morning and Happy hump day! I hope the week is going well for everyone. Today I would like to share a card I made with a technique called Acrylic Block Collage for PBD.
Using stamp pads ink up an acrylic block, beginning with the lightest color and moving to the darkest. I choose to use Tim Holtz Spiced Marmalade and Crushed Olive distress ink. Spritz the block with water and immediately stamp onto cardstock. I used Ranger Mini mister to spray the water. I sprayed the water from a distance because I didn't want to have big  water circles. Sorry I forgot to take a picture of the stamped  block. Before stamping I masked the areas that I didn't want to stamp as well as in the center of the card where my PBD sentiment was going.

Than I got my PBD Script background stamp, inked the top half with Tim Holtz Rusty Hinge distress ink and inked the bottom half with Tim Holtz Peeled Paint distress ink. I than removed all the sticky notes and stamped my sentiment with PBD Bountiful stamp set and PBD Big Thoughts stamp set. I also used a left stamp that is on PBD Simply Everything stamp set.
I used an ink dabber to ink my edage of the card with Tim Holtz Walnut Stain distress ink. I really like the simplicity  of this card. Thank You for stopping by and make sure to head on over to Pink By Design blog  HERE to see the other projects that were made with this technique.
I hope you give this technique a try and don't forget that the Ink It Pink challenge is going on right now. Come and play along with us HERE.

What I used:
Tim Holtz Spiced Marmalade distress ink
Tim Holtz Crushed Olive distress ink
 Tim Holtz Rusty Hinge distress ink 
Tim Holtz Peeled Paint distress ink
Tim Holtz Walnut Stain distress ink
  Acrylic Block
Ranger Mini mister
Sticky notes

No comments:

Post a Comment